240 Johnston Street
Rock Hill City Directories and History: 1938 – B.N. Craig
See B.N. Craig and Company or B.N. Craig Wholesale Foods on the corner of East Main and Trade Street. Bernard N. Craig was also appointed to serve on the Board of Directors of Home Federal Savings and Loan in 1936.
The home originally at 240 Johnston was moved to the adjoining lot by Mr. Craig so he could construct a new residence on the corner of Johnston and Greene streets. This two story home was heavily damaged by the tornado of 1926, hitting many homes along Hampton, Johnston, Greene, East Main, and East White streets. The Craig family later moved to a new home on College Avenue. Another long-term resident of this home was the James Spratt White, III family.